- This event has passed.
Urban Candlelight Hike
February 26 @ 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm CST
Mark your calendars! The Urban Candlelight Hike in Three Bridges Park is back on Saturday, February 26!
BUNDLE UP AND EXPERIENCE WINTER IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT!
For the fifth year, hardy northerners will cure their cabin fever at the Urban Candlelight Hike in Three Bridges Park. Grab your stocking cap and crew, and we’ll see you outside!
We are excited to be able to offer this annual outdoor experience in a safe way. We will continue to monitor COVID transmission in the community and may have to alter certain event options accordingly. Remember to bring your masks for indoor access. Staff at indoor locations will be masked.
FREE FOR EVERYONE:
Break down the winter blues and join us on a candlelit hike on the Hank Aaron State Trail through Three Bridges Park right in the heart of Milwaukee- this event will take place with or without snow!
Register for FREE for your chance to win an Urban Ecology Center package and a Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail package!
5:30 pm – 8:00 pm:
– Toasty warm campfires at the Fireside Plaza and along the trails.
– Learn about winter camping, try on snowshoes, and check out cross country skis & snowshoes from the Urban Ecology Center.
– Rishi Tea will be onsite providing free tea and sparkling beverage samples!
– Access to food trucks near the Fireside Plaza – Jamaican Kitchen, Riley’s Good Dogs (traditional & plant-based), & more!
– Orenda Café will have hot chocolate (non-alcoholic and spiked) and chimichangas (meat or veg) for sale from the restaurant from 5:00-8:30 pm. Located at (514 W. National Ave, about a block away from the Urban Ecology Center.) Order indoors, but no dine-in option is offered this evening.
4:00 pm – 10:00 pm:
– Extend the fun at Third Space Brewing! Locally brewed beer, root beer, toasty campfires, and games at Third Space Brewing.
– Option to reserve a heated Happy Dome for more winter fun! See Third Space Brewery webpage for details.
EXTRAS FOR “FUN PASS” HOLDERS:
– Hot chocolate and pastries at the Urban Ecology Center! Bring your thermos to save on waste and to take your cocoa on your hike.
– Marshmallow roasting and s’mores at the FOHAST Fireside Plaza!
– Entry for great door prizes! Including a $50 gift card from Orenda, a Third Space Happy Dome Rental, a Rishi Tea set, a UEC Package (1 Family Membership for a year, t-shirt, magnet), 1- Year membership to Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail including 2 free registrations to 22nd Annual Hank Aaron State Trail 5k Run/Walk, and a beautiful birdhouse!
– Buy One Get One (BOGO) beer or root beer at Third Space Brewing from 4-10 pm while playing games and making a winter-themed craft with the Urban Ecology Center for the whole family to enjoy!
– 20% discount on DINE-IN FOOD at Orenda Café, valid from Sunday, February 27th through Sunday, March 6th with proof of Fun Pass purchase!
– Knowing that you help cover costs to make this event possible for everyone! We offer a free option each year because our missions involve helping people discover and enjoy the outdoors, but this wouldn’t be possible without the contributions from our awesome Fun Pass holders!
FUN PASS PRICING:
Early Bird pricing opens at 5:00pm on Friday, January 14 and runs through Wednesday, February 23 at 11:59pm:
– $10 for an individual
– $20 for a family (2 adults and all children attending with adults)
– $90 for a 10-pack of Individual Fun Passes
– $180 for a 10-pack of Family Fun Passes
Fun Pass 10-packs purchased by February 16, will be mailed. If purchased after this date, 10-packs can be picked up at the Urban Ecology Center at 3700 W. Pierce St., Milwaukee, WI during open center hours or at the event.
Rates go up Feb 24 – Feb 26
– $12 for an individual
– $24 for a family (2 adults and all children attending with adults)
– $108 for a 10-pack of Individual Fun Passes
– $216 for a 10-pack of Family Fun Passes
Fun Pass 10-packs purchased during this timeframe must be picked up at the Urban Ecology Center at 3700 W. Pierce St., Milwaukee, WI during open center hours, or at the event.
This event is co-hosted by: Urban Ecology Center and Friends of Hank Aaron State Trail.