- This event has passed.
Latin American Children’s Book Creators
July 1, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am CDT
In collaboration with the International Youth Library (Munich, Germany) and Translation & Interpreting Studies (UW-Milwaukee), the UW-Milwaukee Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS) will offer a summer series of six acclaimed Latin American children’s and young adult writers and illustrators, moderated by international children’s book specialists who know their work well.
Participating writers and Illustrators: Antonio Malpica (Mexico); Isol (Argentina); María Teresa Andruetto (Argentina); María José Ferrada (Chile); Roger Mello (Brazil); and Gusti (Argentina).
A collaboration between the Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (CLACS), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, with the International Youth Library (Munich, Germany) and UWM Translation & Interpreting Studies. CLACS is a Title VI National Resource Center, funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
• June 24. Antonio Malpica (Mexico) Moderated by Adolfo Córdova (Author and Children’s Literature Specialist)
• July 1. Isol (Argentina) Moderated by Fanuel Hanán Díaz (Author, Researcher, and Head of Strategic Relations at Editorial Norma, Colombia)
• July 22. María Teresa Andruetto (Argentina) Moderated by Lola Rubio (President of IBBY Argentina – ALIJA)
• July 29. María José Ferrada (Chile) Moderated by Lawrence Schimel (Author, Translator, Editor)
• August 12. Roger Mello (Brazil) Moderated by Junko Yokota (Director, Center for Teaching Through Children’s Books, National Louis University)
• August 24. Gusti (Argentina) Moderated by Jochen Weber (Head of Language Sections, International Youth Library)
Online event via zoom.